Seasons In Time on Etsy

Etsy Mini

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby it's cold outside!

Hey all! How's everyone doing tonight? It got very chilly here, no more 76 degrees, and the winds are blowing like crazy. I can see things blowing down the street, papers, garbage cans etc. My wind chimes are creating some new melodies out there! LOL!

Well I decided since it's cooling off it's time to start some soup. I like soup, Mac loves it and could most likely eat it everyday. I just put a beef roast in the slow cooker to make vegetable beef soup. I'll let it cook all night, then tomorrow cut it up and add all the veggies, nummm!
Nothing better than soup when you're chilled to the bone. Of course when we used to live in Minnesota, I would have thought that 60 degrees was warm, but not anymore. Now that I've been here I cannot take the least bit of cold weather!

Well on the Work Front: I got all my online stuff done early this morning, FB Twit, emails, then I began making rings and bracelets and also finishing up on the organizing of my jewelry parts from yesterday. I now have all my parts in tiny drawers on my desk so I can reach everything easily. Now at least as I run across items and such I have just the place to put them, all labeled and organized.
It sure makes a difference when you are working on items and you can put your hands on everything you need without searching!
I did manage to get a few things listed today and I have some ready for tomorrow.

So the holidays are coming soon. Too soon for some of you I'm sure, but it's my favorite time of year! I know Thanksgiving is first, and I really do like having a big turkey and all the fixings. And don't forget the homemade pumpkin pie right?
Since we have no family here, it will be just Mac and myself for the holidays. I've went back to Mn once for Xmas in the 5 years we've been here but that's it. Maybe eventually one of them can come down here! That would be nice. With my asthma in check here, I'm actually very leery of going back during the frigid cold anyway. That WAS a problem, trying to breath in the bitter cold.

We do have snow and cold weather here, but not the frigid kind. I still don't like it though!!

It's time to go and check my soup and watch a program I've been waiting for. I will say goodnight and leave you again with some celebrity trivia:

Celebrities born on this day: Art Garfunkel, Tatum O'Neal, Bryan Adams, Sam Shepard, Tilda Swinton, Roy Rogers, Peter Noone, Andrea McArdle, Elke Sommer

Until tomorrow...
Laurie

No comments:

Bridal Ring!

Bridal Ring!
Cha Cha Cha!

Bridal Rings

Bridal Rings
Here's the regular AND the baby one!

Blooming Brooch

Blooming Brooch

Better In Blue

Better In Blue
Silver Filigree & Blue Thermoset Ribbon Necklace

Fun With Layers

Fun With Layers
Multi Color Thermoset Ring

Crystal Clear Ice

Crystal Clear Ice
Clear Acrylic Chunk Fashion Ring

April Blossom

April Blossom
Pink & Green Moonglow Thermoset Ring

Hot Pink Wonder

Hot Pink Wonder
Pink Thermoset & Silver Filigree Fashion Ring

Orchid Bloom

Orchid Bloom
Pink & Orchid Cluster Cocktail Ring